Hi, are you looking for Human Resources/Safety Manager jobs in Joplin, MO 64801 ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : City of Joplin
Location : Joplin, MO 64801
Position : Human Resources/Safety Manager
Human Resources/Safety ManagerHuman Resources/Risk Management
Primary PurposeUnder general supervision, manages staff and operations relating to employment, employ48094ee relations, compliance, compensation, benefits administration, and risk management. Serves as the Director of Human Resources and Risk Management Director when the Director is absent or not available.
SalaryStarting at $23.112 per hour, $48,094 annually.
BenefitsWe provide free health insurance to the employee, and a great family rate (which does not increase per additional member) with a low deductible, low co-pays, and free preventive care services.
Free life insurance to the employee, with supplemental options.
Dental insurance starting at $8.38/month with fully covered preventive services.
Vision insurance starting at $1.44/month.
The city offers tuition reimbursement, a Care Leave program, longevity pay, sick leave buy-back, and 2 weeks of vacation accrual per year that can start to be used after 6 months of employment.
We offer access to 457 plans, which have a number of benefits over the traditional 401k.
Missouri LAGERS Retirement – employees do not have to pay into it, and they are vested after only 5 years of employment.
For more benefits information, please visit JoplinMo.org.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides oversight for recruiting and retention, and the City’s safety and loss prevention programs; administer and track performance for HR and Safety strategic action plans; manage HR/Safety dashboard.
2. Serves as office manager for the department – purchase orders, preparing check requests, ordering supplies, service and retiree awards, equipment maintenance, employment compliance posters/materials, and first aid kit replenishment, in compliance with City policies, state and federal laws. Ensure compliance posters are in a location visible to employees, prepare communications and secure employee acknowledgements.
3. Administers and enforces all City policies and procedures; serves as employee and supervisor policy advisor.
4. Administers, tracks on time, and ensures compliance with State and Federal employment laws, including but not limited to, FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, City Drug and Alcohol programs, and ADA programs and regulations.
5. Administrator for City’s learning management system; assigns compliance training to city employees at least twice annually (seasonal and regular).
6. Administers City’s safety loss prevention and control initiatives, policies and compliance training; chairs City safety committee meetings, develops safety policies; work with TPA and department managers to conduct safety audits of City departments, equipment, vehicles, tools and operations; creates workplace safety and loss prevention plan.
7. Assists Director with budget planning and oversight; reviews and recommends budget expenditures for department in compliance with the City’s purchasing policies and procedures.
For the full job description, please visit JoplinMo.org.
Knowledge of: Public sector personnel administration principles and practices including the principles of classification, compensation, benefits, employment, employee relations, safety, loss prevention and risk management; Federal and State employment laws, policies, regulations, and guidelines; City of Joplin’s employment, compensation, and benefits practices; City’s Charter and Personnel Rules and Regulations; principles and practices of employee supervision; effective communication strategies and techniques for adult learners; computer software applications; Microsoft Office Suite.
Skill in: Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with City employees/officials and the public; managing the day-to-day operations of a human resources office; administering safety programs; claims investigation and management; strong, positive verbal and written communications; understanding and interpreting complex laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines; coordinating/managing a variety of risk management functions; Microsoft Office Suite.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Safety Management, Public or Business Administration or related discipline.
Experience: Three years full-time professional experience in multiple program areas in Human Resources and Safety is required. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications: Possess and maintain a valid state issued driver’s license. SHRM, ICMA, and/or Safety/Risk Management certification is preferred.
Physical Demands, Requirements, and Working Conditions
This is primarily an office classification although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
Employees may interact with upset members of the public or their representatives while enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48,094.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Joplin, MO 64801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error