Hi, are you looking for Outreach and Engagement Specialist jobs in Harrisburg, PA ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Pennsylvania Council of the Blind
Location : Harrisburg, PA
Position : Outreach and Engagement Specialist
Outreach and Engagement Specialist
Pennsylvania Council of the Blind
The Pennsylvania Council of the Blind (PCB) is a grassroots organization of individuals with vision loss. As a peer network PCB strives to promote the independence of and opportunities for all individuals with vision loss by advocating for legislative change, accessible technology solutions, and inclusive social and business practices. At the heart of its efforts is providing mutual support through peer sharing and encouragement.
PCB currently seeks a part-time Outreach and Engagement Specialist.
The position will be an hourly position for twenty to thirty-two hours a week at a pay rate of between $20.00 and $23.00 an hour with availability on at least three days a week and during the annual PCB Convention and Conference.
The Outreach and Engagement Specialist will take on the following responsibilities:
Develop and maintain relationships with legislators, policy
changemakers, service providers, and disability stakeholders
Work with affiliate chapters and individual volunteers to promote
advocacy efforts and to develop outreach opportunities
Monitor and report on current and potential issues of relevance to
the vision loss community
Serve as the organization’s voice at public meetings and outreach events
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to initiate, prioritize, and complete projects with little oversight
· Ability to work with and report back to PCB leadership
· Good writing, oral, social media, and phone communication skills
· Familiarity with blindness/disability-related issues and the provision of services
· Competency in basic Microsoft office products and ability to effectively utilize the internet and software applications
· Proficiency with basic office equipment
· Familiarity with and results-oriented use of Social Media to reach groups we are not currently reaching effectively
· Demonstration of an overall professional work ethic and demeanor
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Administration, community Outreach or related field
Five years of experience in corporate or non-profit setting may be substituted for education
This is a Virtual position, but travel to the Harrisburg area may well be necessary once organizations return to more in-person meetings.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
PCB is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should post a cover letter expressing their interest in the position as well as a resume to by Aug. 8, 2022.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
COVID-19 considerations:Virtual interview process
Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
Professional Writing: 3 years (Required)
Familiarity w/ Blindness and Disability issues and services: 1 year (Required)
Social media management: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error