Hi, are you looking for Paraeducator – Crossing Guard jobs in Spanaway, WA ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Bethel School District
Location : Spanaway, WA
Position : Paraeducator – Crossing Guard
THIS POSITION IS FOR 1 HOUR PER DAY AT 178 DAYS PER YEAR.
PAY FOR POSITION: PSE Salary Schedule Level 3 – $20.07
Per Governor Inslee’s proclamation, as a condition of employment/upon hire, all employees must be fully vaccinated or request and be approved for a medical/religious exemption/accommodation.
This position’s responsibilities are to ensure the safety and well-being of students at traffic crossings.
Depending upon individual assignment, the Crossing Guard may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Supervises students at traffic crossings. Directs student movements using appropriate equipment.
2. Establishes rapport with students. Ensures that students follow district rules and regulations for traffic awareness and safety.
3. Supervises student patrols at traffic crossings. Schedules student patrols; conducts patrol meetings
4. Maintains crossing guard and/or patrol equipment.
5. Reports reckless behavior and safety hazards at student crossings to appropriate authority.
6. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
7. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Reports to the school principal or assigned administrator.
Required to deal with a wide range of student behaviors; may occasionally deal with distraught or difficult individuals; requires alertness and safety awareness.
Required to work outdoors in inclement weather; required to stand for prolonged periods; required to hold equipment in proper positions for varying lengths of time; may occasionally be exposed to recklessly operated vehicles.
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, with experience working with school-aged children preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of safety rules, regulations and procedures. Must complete state patrol class. Effective oral communication skills. Ability to deal with students in a warm and confident manner. Ability to supervise and correct student behavior. Ability to follow and give instructions. Ability to be fair and consistent when working with children. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and students.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan.
Paraeducator/Special Services Non-Discrimination Policy
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error